“It’s been a long time, I shouldn’t have left you…”1 – Rakim
And, with that, I’m back. It’s been 17 days since I last posted here. I guess that’s not a good way to stay accountable, now is it? However, in that seventeen days, some exciting things have happened.
1. I got cast in a local production of Les Miserables, one of my favorite musicals. The show goes up in March, and I’ll be playing the role of police inspector Javert, the antagonist of the show.
2. We started rehearsals for Les Miserables, which is awesome. You can find more information and follow the process on my theatre based twitter account: @DavidWKincannon.
3. I contracted viral pharyngitis during the week of Thanksgiving. I know that doesn’t sound exciting, but it afforded me an opportunity to go to the doctor, and see how my weight loss was holding up even after a week and a half of not really paying all that much attention. According to their scale, I was at 212 pounds, which is 12 pounds less than when I was there in September. That’s pretty exciting.
I’m hoping to get back into the swing of things. I’m back to tracking my food, and I exercised today for the first time in over a week.
I think I’m also going to make some adjustments to this blog. I’m re-reading2Les Miserables on my Kindle app, and think I might use this space to add little things that I find about characters, mine or others. These will be put in a special category, and will be clearly marked that they are about Les Miserables, so if you have no interest in reading them, I understand.
Thanks for reading!
1. “…without a strong rhyme to step to.” – “I Know You Got Soul”; from the album Paid in Full
2. Well…reading. I’ve tried to read Les Miserables before, but have never been successful.